cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Default settings in dimensions editing window

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Default settings in dimensions editing window

Dear all,

among other problems (reported and unsolved) with release 19 of Drafting, such as unexpected and inexplicable mouse double clicks or missed clicks on command buttons, I'm searching for solution to a tedious setting.

I'm talking about the WUI_CHANGE_DIM window: anytime you use it to edit the features of a dimension, the "Line" and "Text" forms of this window will show the brand new colour option flags "Connected to line" and "Connected to text".

If you click OK without unchecking them, you'll get both line and text with the same colour...

How should I set them as unchecked by default???

I would just hope this is not a matter requiring a direct implication of Mr. PTC himself with a team of programmers.

Thanks to anyone who should care for this.

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:mcielok)

Dear PTC,

I advised our Creo supplier through their service portal about the issue about unwanted flags. I did so, because I could not find ways to refer directly to you.

A technician phoned promptly pointing out that my company has not a running maintenance contract. Should we, as users, maybe pay to report to you defects in your software? He told me that there is already an open task with PTC.

Well, thank you.

If I had known, Tom and me would have spared time.

Regards

Marco Cielok

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I am looking into the "connect to line" "connect to text" for you. As far as the inexplicable double click, I had the same problem. I worked with PTC, we deleted the all_data.lsp file from both the sdcorpcustomize directory and the sdusercustomize directory, then restarted modeling and the issue went away. This could be caused by manually editing the all_data.lsp file or if you carried it over from a previous version.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Checking with PTC, there is no way to turn this off automatically. I ended up writing my own lisp to set the color of one or the other. I am attaching an example below. This lisp program changes the reference arrow to either blue or yellow. We have our print properties set so that blue does not print.

Regards

Tom

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ThomasKirkman)

Tom, thanks for your interest.

Indeed my problems come from Drafting. In Modeling the flags in the dimensions Properties window appear too, but do not give the same annoying result (really, at this stage I don't even see their use: flags checked or not, colours won't change, thank goodness!).

Marco

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

...and regarding missed mouse clicks on command buttons (duly pointed out to the supplier): the way the technician stared at the problem and faltered inconclusive considerations, got me to think it was some unfathomable problem: today an idea popped into my mind and I went to Settings-Edit Environment-System-User interface: the trigger was set at button release instead of button pressing!!!

Question: wasn't it possible for anyone in PTC supply chain to anticipate me with an answer that would get me to a better opinion about them?

Oddly enough, this issue seems to be new with V19. I never had that issue with V18. I tested this on my machine, and I get the same results that you have.

I have always had the setting at Button Press and not Button release in previous versions. When I got rid of all_data.lsp, in V19 the setting for button press was removed. That is why my issue was fixed. This is definitely a defect. I will enter a trouble ticket into PTC>

Regards

Tom

(Case 12444669)

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Thanks again, Tom.

Have a nice week

Marco

I just got an Email from PTC. This is a known issue and has been issued and SPR and will be fixed in v19 M020. Ser SPR2238785.

Regards

Tom

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

For clarity, Tom, are you talking about the button press/release issue or about that of connect to line/to text one? For the latter was the main subject of the discussion while the first was improperly added by me as a minor problem.

Thanks

Marco

I am talking about the button press/release issue.

Regards

Tom

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Dear PTC,

I advised our Creo supplier through their service portal about the issue about unwanted flags. I did so, because I could not find ways to refer directly to you.

A technician phoned promptly pointing out that my company has not a running maintenance contract. Should we, as users, maybe pay to report to you defects in your software? He told me that there is already an open task with PTC.

Well, thank you.

If I had known, Tom and me would have spared time.

Regards

Marco Cielok

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

An update: I wrote a simple macro that reads a point, states whether there is a dimension or not, if so opens the editing window and, when closed, resets our default colours for the selected dimension.

wdesmet
3-Visitor

Hi Marco

I'm not a 100% sure, but i think this is fixed in the current version of CED Drafting 19.0 M040 (and possibly in earlier versions as well)

regards

Ward

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:wdesmet)

Thank you Ward,

this very year we have not renewed the maintenance contract, but even if M040 was covered by the expired one, we reached the result: the macro is slightly improved, selects by single click or within a window. Users don't see any difference, exept they won't get bothered !

Bye

Marco

mcielok
13-Aquamarine

Just these days I put hands upon the code bypassing the problem, since it had some unsolved problems.

Should be of some use for anyone, the lines are posted below.

The macro saves the current features of dimensions, select those to be managed (both single click or window), gets line and text colours, open dimensions management. On closing, checks whether line and text colours are the same* (which is the result we don't want): in this case, restores the previous ones. Finally restores the initial status of dimensions environment.

1- As far as you don't need to change colours (which is for us the common situation), you will ignore the checkboxes;

2- change of text colour requires the box unchecked (*to avoid same colour);

3- change of line colour requires the box unchecked (*to avoid same colour);

4- for some illogic behaviour of the window, any change in the Text form, even if not concerning colour, when concurrent wiht change of line colour, requires BOTH boxes to be unchecked.

Whatch out for "C:\PTC\Creo Elements" being a valid path and remember that if you need both entities with the same colour, you shouldn't use this macro.

Anyway, more worth using it than explaining!

DEFINE MODQUOTEBER

LOCAL RIFQUOTA

LOCAL PSEL1 LOCAL PSEL2 LOCAL CTL LOCAL CTL1

LOCAL COLTESTO1 LOCAL COLTESTO2 LOCAL COLTESTO3

LOCAL COLLINEA1 LOCAL COLLINEA2

LOCAL CONTATORE1

LOCAL CONTROLLO

LET CONTROLLO 0

CREATE_LTAB 7 2 'COLORI'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 1 1 '1,0,0' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 1 2 'RED'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 2 1 '0,1,0' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 2 2 'GREEN'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 3 1 '1,1,0' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 3 2 'YELLOW'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 4 1 '0,0,1' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 4 2 'BLUE'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 5 1 '1,0,1' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 5 2 'MAGENTA'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 6 1 '0,1,1' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 6 2 'CYAN'

WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 7 1 '1,1,1' WRITE_LTAB 'COLORI' 7 2 'WHITE'

DA_WRITE_DIM_SETTINGS_MACRO DEL_OLD 'C:\ptc\Creo Elements\DIMSTYLE.m' 'RIPSTILEQUOTE'

INPUT 'C:\ptc\Creo Elements\DIMSTYLE.m'

READ PNT 'Identificare le quote' PSEL1

INQ_ELEM PSEL1

LET CTL (INQ 403)

LET CTL1 (CTL)

IF ((CTL=DIM_LINE) OR (CTL=DIM_CHAIN) OR (CTL=DIM_RADIUS) OR (CTL=DIM_DIAMETER)

OR (CTL=DIM_ARC) OR (CTL=DIM_ANGLE) OR (CTL=DIM_DATUM_SHORT) OR (CTL=DIM_DATUM_LONG)

OR (CTL=DIM_COORD) OR (CTL=DIM_CHAMFER) OR (CTL=DIM_TAN))

LET COLLINEA1 (INQ 201)

DA_STYLE_GET PSEL1

LET COLTESTO1 INQ_ENV 16 (INQ 305)

LET CONTATORE1 1

LOOP

EXIT_IF (CONTATORE1 > 7)

IF ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO1)

LET COLTESTO3 (VAL(READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 1))

END_IF

EXIT_IF ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO1)

LET CONTATORE1 (CONTATORE1 + 1)

END_LOOP

PRESELECT PSEL1 CONFIRM

HIGHLIGHT_PRESELECTED OFF

WUI_CHANGE_DIM PSEL1

INQ_SELECTED_ELEM PRE_SELECTED

LET COLLINEA2 (INQ 201)

LET COLLINEA2 (STR(COLLINEA2))

DA_STYLE_GET PRE_SELECTED

LET COLTESTO2 INQ_ENV 16 (INQ 305)

LET CONTATORE1 1

LOOP

EXIT_IF (CONTATORE1 > 7)

IF (((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 1) = COLLINEA2) AND ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO2))

CHANGE_DIM_COLOR RGB_COLOR COLLINEA1 PRE_SELECTED

CHANGE_DIM_TEXTS DIM_ALL RGB_COLOR COLTESTO3 PRE_SELECTED

CHANGE_DIM_TEXTS SEC_ALL YELLOW PRE_SELECTED

END_IF

END_LOOP

ELSE

READ PNT RUBBER_BOX PSEL1 PSEL2

INQ_SELECTED_ELEM PSEL1 PSEL2

LOOP

LET CTL (INQ 403)

EXIT_IF (CTL = END)

IF ((CTL=DIM_LINE) OR (CTL=DIM_CHAIN) OR (CTL=DIM_RADIUS) OR (CTL=DIM_DIAMETER)

OR (CTL=DIM_ARC) OR (CTL=DIM_ANGLE) OR (CTL=DIM_DATUM_SHORT) OR (CTL=DIM_DATUM_LONG)

OR (CTL=DIM_COORD) OR (CTL=DIM_CHAMFER) OR (CTL=DIM_TAN))

LET CONTROLLO 1

LET RIFQUOTA (INQ 101)

LET COLLINEA1 (INQ 201)

DA_STYLE_GET RIFQUOTA

LET COLTESTO1 INQ_ENV 16 (INQ 305)

LET CONTATORE1 1

LOOP

EXIT_IF (CONTATORE1 > 7)

IF ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO1)

LET COLTESTO3 (VAL(READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 1))

END_IF

EXIT_IF ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO1)

END_LOOP

PRESELECT DIMENSIONS PSEL1 PSEL2 CONFIRM

HIGHLIGHT_PRESELECTED OFF

WUI_CHANGE_DIM PRE_SELECTED

INQ_SELECTED_ELEM PRE_SELECTED

LET RIFQUOTA (INQ 101)

INQ_ELEM RIFQUOTA

LET COLLINEA2 (INQ 201)

LET COLLINEA2 (STR(COLLINEA2))

DA_STYLE_GET RIFQUOTA

LET COLTESTO2 INQ_ENV 16 (INQ 305)

LET CONTATORE1 1

LOOP

EXIT_IF (CONTATORE1 > 7)

IF (((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 1) = COLLINEA2) AND ((READ_LTAB 'COLORI' CONTATORE1 2) = COLTESTO2))

CHANGE_DIM_COLOR RGB_COLOR COLLINEA1 PRE_SELECTED

CHANGE_DIM_TEXTS DIM_ALL RGB_COLOR COLTESTO3 PRE_SELECTED

CHANGE_DIM_TEXTS SEC_ALL YELLOW PRE_SELECTED

END_IF

END_LOOP

ELSE

INQ_NEXT_ELEM

END_IF

EXIT_IF (CONTROLLO = 1)

END_LOOP

END_IF