cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Assembly will not regenerate, yellow light

IainTrice
1-Newbie

Assembly will not regenerate, yellow light

I have a relatively simple assembly made up of sheet metal parts and steel sections. each part including the family table sections regenerates to the green light, but the top level will not go green. Regeneration Manager shows no problems and I have checked the properties of each model in the assembly and there appear to be no problems, each has the correct material assigned, has the units set and each part has three constraints in the assembly.

I cannot see why the top level assembly (there are no sub-assemblies) fails to regenerate. I know this subject may have been covered elsewhere but I have not found a thread with the answer to my problem.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It was family table related. I converted all the instances into single non-family parts and replaced them in the assembly. It now regenerates to green. Makes me wary of using family tables, simpler to create individual parts, just more time consuming

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It amazes me how easily Creo reports a problem but how difficult it is to know what the problem is.

Normally I will find a bad reference buried in one of the assembly constraints. To find it, I seem to have to open each assembly constraint and correct it.

I am sure there are easier ways but it happens rarely enough to not get a great handle on it.

I have found that moving the insert bar up helps isolate the offending part. Of course, you 1st have to turn on features in the assembly to see the insert bar.

Other times I find that a relation hadn't regenerated, but Creo insists that nothing has changed although it has. Forcing a regen by making a valid change fixes this.

I though Creo 3 fixed some of this hunt and peck, but I haven't found it yet.

It was family table related. I converted all the instances into single non-family parts and replaced them in the assembly. It now regenerates to green. Makes me wary of using family tables, simpler to create individual parts, just more time consuming

Top Tags