cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Measures show incorrect values

ptc-4631445
6-Contributor

Measures show incorrect values

Hello -- I am working with a rather complicated assembly in CREO 2 Mechanism Dynamics. Because of IP issues, I am unable to show you the model. I have rotating components, with oscillating components in line with the rotation axis. With the oscillating components suppressed, things look fine. when I add the oscillating components, I get wild additional forces in the radial direction, which just makes no sense. I am a well-seasoned user of Mechanical Dynamics, starting back before Wildfire, but I can't solve this issue. I have made sure my units are all correct, which is the first thing to look for. During the various runs, I change the mass properties of the assemblies, which normally works fine. With this mechanism, I had problems in that one assembly refused to take on any mass with the 'Default' mass checked. After quitting and restarting CREO, same problem. I deleted most of the assembly and reassembled, which seemed to fix that problem. So what's going on? Have I found a glitch in the program? Since the boss didn't update our maintenance, I can't ask tech support. Any clues for a solution would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Material assignments could happen in component model or at assembly level to the component feature - maybe some conflict?

Top Tags