cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 3 - Files in other folders in assemblies

ejenner
1-Newbie

Creo 3 - Files in other folders in assemblies

Due to space limitations, I had to put parts used in multiple projects in a different folder so they would only take up space once. In Creo 2, if an assembly had a part file it couldn't find because it was in another folder, you could right click and tell it where the file was. This was annoying to have to do anytime I opened an assembly, but necessary to conserve space.

This option appears to be missing from Creo 3, which breaks a ton of my past work since I can't find a way to get it to load these externally located parts. Not only that, but I tried moving one of the files that had previously been located elsewhere into the folder with the assembly and Creo 3 still won't load the part.

Is there some way to recover this functionality? Are all my old assemblies now completely and irreparably broken?

3 REPLIES 3
tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:ejenner)

Elliott, PTC Creo uses search paths to locate parts from libraries. Adding the location of your frequently used models in the config.pro will solve this problem. A more complete explanation is in this post: Central Model Library - Creo Parametric

If you are using the default config.pro file you will need admin permissions for the install folders to edit the file. Let us know how you get on.

tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:ejenner)

Elliot, did you try adding search paths to your libraries?

Creo is losing files from sub catalogs too. Is there any solution this problem?

Top Tags