cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Status of MDO

ptc-4631445
6-Contributor

Status of MDO

Does anyone know PTC's status on improvement of their MDO package? I don't see any recent upgrades to the program. I have some serious questions as to the programs accuracy. Among other things, it has been flakey with it's 'Playback', and with saving files. I have been struggling with a particular mechanism for more than a year. I am considering abandoning MDO, even tho I am comfortable with its operation -- I started with Wildfire, and before. If there is an expert out there who thinks they can solve my issue (for a fee), I would be most happy to discuss.

Thanks --rework

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Have you opened a case with Technical Support about your questions / issues?

While design suggestions are always borderline for TS, technical issues like accuracy or playback quality and issues with save functionality should be definitely handled.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:gkoch)

+1 on filing a PTC support case. When something doesn't work as expected, it is worth sitting down with tech support on the other end of the screen to troubleshoot it. If it gets too involved, turn over the files to TC and see what they come up with for a solution.

All too often I design myself into a corner with MDO. I start fresh after some new knowledge and get totally different results. Somehow I think it remembers things that would be better forgotten when you edit defined relations/constraints/links...etc. I even have ground bodies show up out of nowhere in Creo 3.0 after an unrelated edit.

Top Tags