cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Heat Value for GN

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Heat Value for GN

Hello everyone.

I find myself trying to calculate the calorific value of natural gas based on the application of a series of equations described in Rule AGA in its report No. 8. I doubt in the interpretation of these equations, especially in how I handle values of "SC" because I get an error.

Thanks in advance

PD. Attached a spreadsheet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:BPP)

I will work with your sheet more.

At the first view:

GN.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

I will work with your sheet more.

At the first view:

GN.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Valery already pointed you to the main error which is the index N° of the second sum. The upper limit of that sum is not allowed to exceed 4 (N°=10) because your matrix SC consists of four columns only.

One remark about the routine extract, which had confused me a little bit on first sight. I guess you can replace the onerror branch if you simply turn cols in a 1x1 vector in case its a scalar:

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Werner_E)

I find excellent substitute the command "on error" as you suggest, thank Werner.

As for the equations have much reason, in the second sum, the value of "Nº" should not be greater than 4. Assuming that the rest this good, worried about the value of "HNº" obtained as a result, no definitely something must be wrong in applying the equations gives the norm, but the truth is not where may be the error.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

I got it at last.

The problem was in the coefficients of "Cpº" (a, b and c). I multiplied the values shown in the table rather than divide them.

IMAGEN PARA ENVIAR.png

Thank you very much for the help to Valery and Werner.

Top Tags