cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Tolerance overlap issue

cchin
1-Newbie

Tolerance overlap issue

Tolerance overlapping when add tolerance dimension (plus/minus) in the drawing part. How to fix it? Thanks.

I attached with an example of issue.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
sgupta-2
1-Newbie
(To:cchin)

Hello Chin,

Height and width of the tolerance text are controlle by the following two drawing setup file options.

TOL_TEXT_HEIGHT_FACTOR

TOL_TEXT_WIDTH_FACTOR

Change the value as per your requirement.Untitled.png

cchin
1-Newbie
(To:sgupta-2)

I did following set up to TOL_TEXT_HEIGHT_FACTOR and TOL_TEXT_WIDTH_FACTOR .

The text height and width factor change on a line. but, the tolerance plus and minus (2 line) still overlap.

please advise. Thanks

Chin

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

If this is Creo 3 and you have maintenance, please submit a support case so this can resolved if it is indeed a bug.

You can also see if this is a configuration problem by opening Creo as a default install. Then changing the settings one at a time to get to what your standard is.

I do not use this style dimensioning. Normally I just sneak up on these settings one at a time. It makes sense to start with a clean slate.

sgupta-2
1-Newbie

set text_height 2.5

set TOL_TEXT_HEIGHT_FACTOR 1 for ANSI and 0.6 for ISO

Untitled.png

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

For a quick trial set drawing option update_drawing as all and update the drawing. (Open drawing, File > drawing options > Add update_drawing under option name and all under value > Add/Change > Close)

Hi Chin chin,

Still you do not find any solutions please upload the model & drawing.

Regards

Thangavijay T

Top Tags