cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Dragging components individually as in real time

vrajan
5-Regular Member

Dragging components individually as in real time

Hi everyone,

I have successfully created an assembly with full of mechanisms constraints. It contains 3 cylinders.

1) For Rotating the member

2) Extending the member

3) Clamping the work (Jaw attached with the member)

But i couldnt use drag option and see how it ill work in real time. Since there are 3 cylinders which contains many pin constraints its trying to get collapsed. When i drag 1st cylinder the other two cylinders is also floating/moving which shouldnt move.

How to operate this like in real time. In a sequence without collapsing. Like 1st cylinder should extend and then 2nd and then 3rd...

I have constrained the stroke length of the cylinders also.

Guide me through this

- Vivek

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:vrajan)

Any suggestions ?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This is really difficult to picture so you might attach some images or a video.

vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Antonius Dirriwachter wrote:

This is really difficult to picture so you might attach some images or a video.

1,2,3 are cylinders enclosed inside supporting steel plates. Black circles are pivot points

Untitled.png

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

That helps. What physically maintains the angle?

You might consider putting angle limit on a pin constraints as a second constraint set.

I have seen some success in relations that make sure the rotation angles remain the same for each arm/cylinder.

vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Nothing much of an angle.. also i need to work as in real time...

This is how my working process is

1st Step:

Cylinder #1 - Extracts

Cylinder #2 - Freezed

Cylinder #3 - Freezed

2nd Step

Cylinder #1 - Freezed

Cylinder #2 - Extracts

Cylinder #3 - Freezed

3rd Step

Cylinder #1 - Freezed

Cylinder #2 - Freezed

Cylinder #3 - Extracts

This is the exact Order i have to drag the components. Sorry i couldnt provide a backup of the models. Can you please try and let me know how exactly?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Dragging components really doesn't work that way. It is very challenging to have this work.

Normally, it is done just the way you did with mechanism.

If you really want to get fancy, you could use slider controls to activate the cylinders. Like creating a UI in 3D space with gear links.

You can use save-as and save to ZIP. That creates a file with all the parts and assemblies.

Top Tags