cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Default to Latest Released configuration during Checkout

PaulMarshall
6-Contributor

Default to Latest Released configuration during Checkout

I’m sure we can’t be the first folks running into this. I’ve searched the archives, but not been able to find anything thus far.

We have a requirement driving us to look at the default configuration or filter during Add to Workspace or Checkout.

We are looking to default these actions to Latest Released data (or In Work if no version has been Released), there are 2 preferences that look hopeful in this cause, but sadly the value options do not provide this functionality.

Preferences: Values:

Set Configuration for Add to Workspace Default/Latest/As_Stored

Set Configuration for Check Out Default/Latest/As_Stored

There are also some default configuration filters (Latest/Baseline/Promotion Request/Baseline), but these too do not provide Latest Released.

The only way we have found, it to create a configuration filter, which can specify to first retrieve Latest Released, then Latest In Work (or whichever states are required). However, there does not seem to be any option during Add to Workspace or Checkout for either saving this configuration filter to use again, or to set it as the default to use every time.

From the structure page on a checked in object, there IS the option to Save a configuration filter, but these do not show up during Add to Workspace or Checkout.

Windchill 10.2 M020.

Any help gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Paul Marshall

Solution Lead – Corporate PLM

Mobile/Cell +44 (0) 795 718 7014

paul.marshall@cummins.com

6 REPLIES 6
ehorn
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaulMarshall)

I have been trying for years to get PTC to listen to me regarding this specific issue. We have a group of users who want to use Latest Released every time they Add to Workspace (ATW), and another set that wants Latest when they ATW.

So since there is no way of saving the criteria we have been forced to use As Stored as a way of working for most of the users. In the Intralink days we had a much more complex criteria using release levels, but since it's manual every time you ATW, we have abandoned using those release levels.

I would love to know if other people have the same interest in this.

PaulMarshall
6-Contributor
(To:ehorn)

It's taken a while to get back to this, but I've finally got around to creating an Idea for this - Save Configuration Filter during Checkout/Add To Workspace

Eric Horn and anyone else that has an interest, please vote it up.

I shared the original post with Steve Shaw‌ and he recalled it had been in the hopper for a while, lets get it voted up so PTC can get it done!!

Paul,

you have to vote up for your idea.

Marco

Thanks Marco, I knew there was something I was forgetting 🙂

Hello Paul,

Voted up! Our users have now asked for this as well. Thanks for creating an idea for this. Quick question: Do you think it would help to create a PTC case as well from my side?

Thanks Shreeram ... I can't hurt to raise a PTC case 🙂

Top Tags