cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Simulate Student Edition - Port Conflict / License Error

jan.wuest
1-Newbie

Creo Simulate Student Edition - Port Conflict / License Error

Hello,

I have installed Creo 2.0 Student edition in 2013 and Parametric and simulate worked fine. After one Year the License expired and I requested a new one. I used the "reconfigure.exe" to set the new License path. In Creo Parametric everything worked fine, and i can use it without any Problems. When I start Creo Simulate the following Error occurs:

2015-03-01 09_53_41-Creo Simulate Student Edition.png

In english: "Port-conflict" "The previous restart failed. The port 51250 is also occupied. Restart Creo Parametric and all other opened PTC Applications again. We apologize for any inconvenience"

With every restart, the Port number counts up. So now I'm at Port 51256.

When I continue and open a .prt file, it loads the file. But then it shows another Error:

2015-03-01 10_56_38-PRT0001 (Aktiv) E__Users_Amon_Documents_prt0001.prt.1 - Creo Simulate Student Ed.png
In english: "License-Control" "Required Creo Simulate License can not be retrieved. Contact your distribution partner."

I can't contact any support, because i only have the Student Edition.

I use Win 8 64-Bit-Version on a Lenovo Ideapad Y-500 Notebook.

Does anybody know what could solve the Problem?

Greetings

Jan

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

For the beginning, try opening Simulate from Creo Parametric. Open the part in Creo Parametric and from tab Applications press Simulate.

You might be prompted a license error as you may only have Creo Simulate Lite in Student version of Creo. After you press OK in the error window you will be prompted a new window and in this one you should check the Lite version.

Simulate_Lite.jpg

Regards,

Alex

Hello Jan.Seems like too late,i know.So did you find any solution for your problem?I've encountered the same error recently & unable to find the solution.Reply would be much appreciated.

Top Tags