cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drawing dialogue box defaults - config

acoates
1-Newbie

Drawing dialogue box defaults - config

Hi,

Please could somebody advise how to ensure that in the "Specify Template" section below the "Empty with format" radio button is selected by default?

Many thanks,

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:acoates)

Andy,

In Creo 2.0 you can create a mapkey using File > Options > Environment > Mapkeys

Here you can create a mapkey to start a new drawing with required options.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

No config option for this, yes you can use a mapkey.

Thanks Mahesh. How do you use a mapkey for this please? Can they be set to autotrigger somehow?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Which version of Creo are you working with?

Sorry Mahesh, I've only just seen this. Parametric 2.0 M140.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Andy,

In Creo 2.0 you can create a mapkey using File > Options > Environment > Mapkeys

Here you can create a mapkey to start a new drawing with required options.

Sorry, I see: you actually launch the new part dialogue box using the mapkey. Do mapkeys have to be saved into the config.pro file? I'm looking to have a central repository so that everybody can use useful ones. We have just centralized our config files, but I was hoping to keep mapkeys in a separate file for ease of housekeeping.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Yes, mapkey needs to be saved in config.pro.

Thanks Mahesh.

Top Tags