cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

3D Annotation Datum Tag on GTOL

Rigoberto13
1-Newbie

3D Annotation Datum Tag on GTOL

Hi everyone. I'm looking at replacing my 2D drawing with 3D annotations in the model. Some parts seems to have more success than others. I'd like to define one of my hole features to create datum B (or any letter for that matter). I can define the dimension in 3D and create a GTOL in 3D, but I'm finding that like many others I can't get the "suction cup" of the datum tag to attach to the GTOL frame. Has anyone had success actually making this work? If I tell Creo to attach to the GTOL it returns "GTOL is in dimension. Must place in a dimension." If I click the dimension, the "cup" attaches to the feature. Also like others, I have no issue in the 2D drawing, it's just in 3D. Thanks for the help everyone. Below is a sample part so ignore the values but it shows the issue.

temp.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags