cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Having some graphics issues with creo 3.0

ptc-4490234
1-Newbie

Having some graphics issues with creo 3.0

Hi all, I recently upgraded to creo 3.0 from creo 1.0. I have some complex assemblies that I use to be able to view, but now that I load the model, I get an explosion of color. I'm confused by this. Any recommendations on how to fix this would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4490234)

It appears your driver is really old (going on 5 years?) since the latest drivers appear to be in the 14 range (versus your 8). So you probably need to update your driver.

Changing your "graphics" to "win32_gdi" wasn't really the fix. That was the test to see if your graphics card/drivers were the issue. Now you can run on win32_gdi if you want, but it's not using your video card fully and everything may run slower.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Have you considered selling it as new age art?

Do you have perspective turned on?

Try the setting: graphics win32_gdi just to get a baseline.

Are you making a bid???

I don't know how to check if perspective is on, but I doubt it, because some of my simpler models do display correctly.

I can't figure out how to set win32_gdi either. It doesn't show up in the config.pro list.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

What graphics card and driver version?

AMD Radeon HD 6350 driver version 8.830.0.0

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

It appears your driver is really old (going on 5 years?) since the latest drivers appear to be in the 14 range (versus your 8). So you probably need to update your driver.

Changing your "graphics" to "win32_gdi" wasn't really the fix. That was the test to see if your graphics card/drivers were the issue. Now you can run on win32_gdi if you want, but it's not using your video card fully and everything may run slower.

Sounds about right. I don't mess with the drivers on my work computer much. I'll update them and see what happens.

Yep, updated driver fixed the problem. I removed the graphics option from the config.pro. Seems to be running a bit less laggy too.

Thanks for your help guys.

The option is "graphics" and the setting is "win32_gdi"

Adding that to the config.pro file seems to have fixed the problem.

Top Tags