cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

sketch entities on walls in sheetmetal model

mmuhamedagic
6-Contributor

sketch entities on walls in sheetmetal model

Hi,

I´m new here so I'll try to put correct question and be precisely. I work with Creo 2.0 and I´m faced with one simple task in my company. I should mark some nuts, screw positions on sheet metal flat and flange walls, but I'm failing. Every time when I tried to make this, the sketch position remain in generic state, even when I create flate state. And I need this positions marks in flat state.

I need those marks for .dxf file, so it must be only line, curve or point entities when I export dxf. I tried to get this with extrude features with success, but I need only sketch entities to preserve model shape correct. Any suggestion or maybe this topic are already discussed somewhere ?

I apologise for my bad english

Thanx

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Clint,

First of all thank you for your time Clint, hope I'll able also to spread some solutions here to help people around, who get stuck with some problems.

I tried with projected sketch but without wanted success. However, I found from engineering (we can´t run from it ) drop-down menu under model tab option called Cosmetic Sketch. So far this solution shows appropriate for my task. It follow geometry when I unbend some simple wall (I work with flat walls mostly). Yes I tried also create Hole feature, but the problem appear when I create dxf file. For my laser software I need something with divided line entities, drawn as circle or box, and with feature tool I could not create such geometry, so he can recognize where I need to cut the hole and where to put just a mark.

Personaly I support any kind of engeeniring forums.

Im sorry for my bad english, I still learning.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A Sketch will not follow sheetmetal geometry when you unbend it. However, a projected sketch will follow the geometry. Select the existing Sketch, under the Editing drop-down from the Model tab, select Project.

Alternatively, you could create Hole features which will also follow the geometry in the Flat State.

Let us know if this will accomplish what you need.

Hi Clint,

First of all thank you for your time Clint, hope I'll able also to spread some solutions here to help people around, who get stuck with some problems.

I tried with projected sketch but without wanted success. However, I found from engineering (we can´t run from it ) drop-down menu under model tab option called Cosmetic Sketch. So far this solution shows appropriate for my task. It follow geometry when I unbend some simple wall (I work with flat walls mostly). Yes I tried also create Hole feature, but the problem appear when I create dxf file. For my laser software I need something with divided line entities, drawn as circle or box, and with feature tool I could not create such geometry, so he can recognize where I need to cut the hole and where to put just a mark.

Personaly I support any kind of engeeniring forums.

Im sorry for my bad english, I still learning.

Welcome Muhamed.

There is a lot of knowledge here and members are willing to help you.

Thank you for asking your question and please provide and update with your resolution.

Best,

Toby

rsoukup
13-Aquamarine
(To:mmuhamedagic)

We require some similar locator etchings to be placed on our parts for manufacturing identification of parts. Often times this locator has to be on a surface that moves when the flat state is created (or there are multiple etches on multiple surfaces). We were able to solve this by using the Cosmetic Sketch functionality, and it will follow the surface as it unbends. We too typically only do flat walls on most of the parts we fabricate, so unsure if this works for more complex parts, but works well for our applications.

mmuhamedagic
6-Contributor
(To:rsoukup)

Just for precautions Randy. Im relying on bending Creo formulas for one/two walls (simple bending). For complex sheetmetal parts I do bending calculation, depend how many walls I have from base. Of course if you need high precision. As you know surely, cosmetic sketch position on flated surface depend on this.

Top Tags