cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How do I start a second manual

tdunford
1-Newbie

How do I start a second manual

I made a manual as my generic, now I want to make another manual using the same files. I made all my files through the dita map of the first manual. Now that I want to make the second one, i can't do a save as, there is no link, therefore I started another dita map. Now I don't see the files that are saved on my hard drive to pick from I only see the dita map created, if I try to insert file they are directly linked to the previous dita map in the filename. How do I make a second manual from those files if I can't pick from them?St

3 REPLIES 3
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:tdunford)

Hi Tyler,

I'm a bit confused as to the issue, perhaps a few more details and a screenshot or two would help?

Is the issue really that you cannot do a 'Save As'?

How are you trying to insert the topics from the initial document? Are you using the Resource Manager? Or are you inserting a topic element, and trying to navigate to the correct folder?

tdunford
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

Sorry Rafael, you are correct the issues is that I could not do a save as. I actually restarted from scratch using the same master files. I assumed that if I made a manual with the common material that i could do a save as for the second and just add the extra material.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:tdunford)

Hi Tyler,

Just clarifying things, does the above mean you resolved the issue, or are you still having problems? Thanks!

Top Tags