cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How do I configure the search_pro CREO pro 3.0?

mcalixto
1-Newbie

I need to put components in an assembly of other folders without losing the way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mcalixto)

Create a text file named search.pro in your <loadpoint>/text folder (or other location using the config.pro option search_path_file to point to your search.pro file location).

search_path_file c:\proe\config

In the c:\proe\config folder you have the search.pro file.

In the search.pro file, enter each folder on a line that you want Creo to search for your component file in. The folders will be searched working down your list of folder paths.

example search.pro file format:

c:\proe\work_in_progress

c:\proe\unreleased

c:\proe\released

c:\proe\library

If Creo finds the file in work_in_progress, it will load that one and ignore an older version found in the released folder.

It does not understand filenames that have versions in the name. my_part_101_A.prt is a different file from my_part_101_B.prt.

If you have my_part_202.prt in released and a newer copy in work_in_progress, the one in work_in_progress will be loaded.

If you want to load the released version of the assembly, reorder the lines in the search.pro file so released is the first directory searched.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mcalixto)

Create a text file named search.pro in your <loadpoint>/text folder (or other location using the config.pro option search_path_file to point to your search.pro file location).

search_path_file c:\proe\config

In the c:\proe\config folder you have the search.pro file.

In the search.pro file, enter each folder on a line that you want Creo to search for your component file in. The folders will be searched working down your list of folder paths.

example search.pro file format:

c:\proe\work_in_progress

c:\proe\unreleased

c:\proe\released

c:\proe\library

If Creo finds the file in work_in_progress, it will load that one and ignore an older version found in the released folder.

It does not understand filenames that have versions in the name. my_part_101_A.prt is a different file from my_part_101_B.prt.

If you have my_part_202.prt in released and a newer copy in work_in_progress, the one in work_in_progress will be loaded.

If you want to load the released version of the assembly, reorder the lines in the search.pro file so released is the first directory searched.

Good afternoon

It is possible to make a video with the explanation?

Thanks

It worked

Thank you.

It worked

Thank you.

Top Tags