cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

double-click a pkg starts wrong version of Modeling

wdesmet
3-Visitor

double-click a pkg starts wrong version of Modeling

For my job I have installed several versions of Modeling on my notebook. When I double-click on a .pkg or .bdl-file, it opens Modeling version 17.0,but I would rather like Modeling to open in version 19.0. I have tried several things like changing the default program in Windows, made changes in the regestry, but Modeling keeps starting in version 17.0. I think it is because version 17 was the latest version I have installed.

Reinstalling version 19.0 did solve the issue, but i think that's a rather drastic, time consuming operation. it would be much easier if:

• an environment variable could be set containing the version that should start. (like for drafting MEPELOOK=2)
  • you could choose in the list 'open with' with what version you want Modeling to start.
3 REPLIES 3
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:wdesmet)

There is a value in the Registry Editor for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CoCreate/SolidDesginer for: LastInstalledVersion.

You might try just editing that value to the value for version 17 (maybe something like: 17.0.3.30)

Check Registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SolidDesigner.Package\shell\open\command

e.g.

D:\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 17.0 - 17.0.6.2\binx64\SolidDesigner.exe /dde

Hope this helps,

- Max

Is this question still open?

Top Tags