cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Desktop Integration for ProjectLink

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Desktop Integration for ProjectLink

All -

I am evaluating a copy of Microsoft Project 2013 in the hopes that it will ease the transition to ProjectLink (WC10.1) for my users. I have successfully exported a project from ProjectLink to Project. Is Desktop Integration required to modify it and upload it back to Project? If so, how do I set that up?

Maybe this should go to PTC Support, but I thought I'd give the Community a try...

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

Seattle, WA

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cjohnstone)

Windchill Desktop Integration is not required to manage Microsoft Project Project Plans with Windchill. The editing and exchange of Microsoft Project with Windchill Plans is controlled by the PTC Plugin for Microsoft Project. The download is located in the same place as DTI: Quick Links, Software Downloads, Project Management.

Details on how it works is located in the Windchill HelpCenter under Microsoft Project Integration.

The Windchill 10.2 Software Matrices only lists support for Microsoft Project 2007 and 2010 at this time.

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:sm)

Chrystal,

Did Scott's response answer all of your questions about DTI and ProjectLink? Let us know if you have any remaining questions.

Top Tags