cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

about style names.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

about style names.

Hello everyone!

I've a little problem with variables, namely: is it possible to delete a style name once defined and used, but no more useful and problematical? I think it isn't. Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:-MFra-)

F.M. wrote:

Hello everyone!

I've a little problem with variables, namely: is it possible to delete a style name once defined and used, but no more useful and problematical? I think it isn't. Thank you in advance.

What version of Mathcad are you using?

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:StuartBruff)

Hello! I'm using the old student edition of MATHCAD14

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You can delete the style name, but any text that has that style applied will stay the same. If you click on the text then the style name will just be blank.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:RichardJ)

Hello! My problem concerns variables. I had defined a new style "complex" in the position "user 3" in bold to highlight it in the worksheet. But, then, to simplify I abandoned this style and I changed the name of the style, in the same position "user 3" in "Variables". But MATHCAD, despite the variables have the same name, considers them different. So that it creates a lot of confusion and unexpected results increasing the amount of work to correct everything.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's not like I make a habit of deleting style names, but as far as I can tell when you do that you only delete subsequent access to them. If you create a variable in a particular style, it stays in that style even if you delete the style name.

Top Tags