cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Terminator Teble Improvement

ptc-4341944
1-Newbie

Terminator Teble Improvement

Terminator table in Creo schematic 3.0(M010 Datecode) not working properly at the following conditions:

1.when we have many terminals applicable for same wires & same housings in this case terminator table selects the terminal from lower row.

2.It Should apply terminal Properties when we have double crimp(Means when we have 2 wires in a single terminal)

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Sonali...

This sounds like something you should report to PTC Tech Support. If this is a problem they can verify, PTC will open a Software Performance Report (SPR) to address the problem and correct it in future releases of Creo Schematics. You can open a support ticket with Tech Support and they should be able to help you document and (hopefully) resolve this problem.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello Sonali,

did you get an answer from TS?

Thanks!

Gunter

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4341944)

1) If you have multiple terminals that fully match your criteria for the wire and connector, the system has to choose one of them in some method.

I would have expected it to take the first one that matches and quit searching (to save search processing time) but they decided to search all and take the last one found.

We are just getting started with schematics and don't have any significant conflicts but I have included a Preference column in my terminator table that it is sorted by before loading. I would love it if they added a feature that would allow it to use the preference value directly in choosing the terminal.

In our case, I talked with our harness designers to find out what their preferences are. I created some formulas based on the other values that make terminals that fit our preferred wire sizes more preferred and others that are closer to them. ie: if we have a 12 awg wire (our typical sizes are 18-16 awg) and terminals that fit 14-12 and 12-10, the 14-12 is preferred. For seals, the one that fits tighter around the wire is preferred.

2) I don't think they really planned for multiple wires in a terminal but there are things that can be done.

Many of our connectors are sealed and only one wire is allowed per terminal. For the unsealed connectors, almost all the terminals have maker specs that are for one wire. Some of the unsealed terminals are designed for two wires instead of one. For terminals that we allow multiple wires (but were not specified for this by the maker), we will create separate line in the table for each number of wires that we will allow.

In general we have connector family, max and min sum wire area, Max and Min insulation diameter, and connection count. The connection count set specifically for each terminal that has options for 0, 1, 2 or 3 wires. 0 wires is used for cavity plugs on our sealed connectors.

This is where it helps to have a consultant to help you set up the system and answer questions you have afterwards. The software is complicated enough and the documentation is skimpy enough that we would have been totally down the wrong roads many times (it still happened to a lesser extent) without a consultant's help.

jstone
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4341944)

Sonali,

I believe the terminator table always worked like that. Use a parameter for wire size to narrow down the search with the min/max sum. That way you can autofill everything with seals/dummy pins using a wildcard "*" in the min/max sum fields and then additional rows for the various terminal sizes in that series. It will cylce each row until a match and pick the last row. Pretty much the same as Bill;'s without using connection count.

jef

Top Tags