cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Inherit sheet parameters

rpieters
1-Newbie

Inherit sheet parameters

Is there a function like dg_inherit or dg_derive which can inherit the parameters like "drawn by" to the Cover sheet and other sheets in the document set.

I have a structure like "Document!<companyname>!Cover" as template for the cover sheet and "Document!<companyname>!Sheet" as template for the other sheets.

In "Document!<comanyname>" I want to have the global parameters for the project and in "Document!<companyname>!Cover" I want to have the parameters extra used on the Cover and in "Document!<companyname>!Sheet" I want the parameters extra used for the sheets, for example "Subject sheet".

I hope someone has a solution.

Tnx ahead.

Rinus

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rinus

I do not have an automated solution out of the box. I believe a custom java function could help. Or you could use the model explorer to change multiple sheet parameters at the same time

Open the Model Explorer, using CTRL select all the design sheet and then edit the parameter value and select apply

25-03-2015 16-53-59.png

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Rinus...

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. I'm confused maybe by the way you're describing what you're trying to do. You're saying you want to inherit parameters to the cover sheet and template sheets - but what do you wish to inheriting them from? Also, maybe auto-correct is playing havoc because I don't understand these two sentences:

I want to have the parameters extra used on the Cover and in "Document!<companyname>!Sheet" I want the parameters extra used for the sheets, for example "Subject sheet"]

What do you mean by 'the parameters extra used' ? I'll try to help steer you in the right direction but I am a little lost. Can you clarify your problem so I can try to provide some guidance?

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello Brian,

I'll try to explain.

Within Global Paramaters, you have several "Maps" like Dataset, Document, Component, Connection, Port and Spool, in these maps you can add parameters from the Parameter Pool, you can also make a new subtype under these maps.

Now we have under Document the subtype <Companyname> and under the <Companyname> we have the subtype Coversheet and sheet.

Under the subtype <Companyname> we have the parameters which are used in all the sheets and in the subtype Coversheet I only want the parameters which are variable, now I have all the parameters in both types and not depending are each other

I was wundering if there was a solution to inherit parametervalues from the parameters which are in <Companyname> to the subtype Coversheet.

There are more sulution to get what I want, but I want to now what's more in Creo Schematics

I'll hope you understand now what I meant.

Rinus

Rinus

From what i am understand is you do not want the subtype to inherit all the parent types parameters. And that you also want to set the value of a parameter and make the value global throughout the design. Is my understanding correct?

thanks

Jim

Hello Jim,

Summurized that's what I want. Do you have a solution?

Rinus

I do not have an automated solution out of the box. I believe a custom java function could help. Or you could use the model explorer to change multiple sheet parameters at the same time

Open the Model Explorer, using CTRL select all the design sheet and then edit the parameter value and select apply

25-03-2015 16-53-59.png

Hope that helps

Hello Jim,

Now that you have shown me, I remember it again. I had it in my course and I forgot it.

Thank you for your answer.

Rinus

Just to update this topic, Jim provided a new java class to do excatly what you asked for (and even more)

See this post : Java Function to Populate Version number to design sheets and artifacts

Top Tags