cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime integrate a piece-wise function?

dsochor
5-Regular Member

Mathcad Prime integrate a piece-wise function?

Is it possible for Mathcad Prime to integrate a piece wise function? In the attached worksheet I am attempting to integrate a piece-wise function 4 times. If possible I'd like to be able to create a graph of these functions and then pull values from the graph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The graphing error may stem from the fact that you define x from -1ft to ... , but the definition of w(x) is for values of x from 0ft to l.

the function itself is very discontinuous & this may lead to failure to integrate or numerical errors due to rounding and/or aliasing.

In the attachment, a simplified function will integrate, but returns 0.

regards

Andy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dsochor)

Sorry. It's a Mathcad 3.1 file, and Mathcad 3.0 (which is what I have) can't read it. You also can't save it back to version 3.0. Amazing, but true.

Please find in attachment PDF and XPS version of this worksheet.

The graphing error may stem from the fact that you define x from -1ft to ... , but the definition of w(x) is for values of x from 0ft to l.

the function itself is very discontinuous & this may lead to failure to integrate or numerical errors due to rounding and/or aliasing.

In the attachment, a simplified function will integrate, but returns 0.

regards

Andy

Top Tags