cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo and Ansys integration for multiple design iterations

pgajiwala
1-Newbie

Creo and Ansys integration for multiple design iterations

I have plug-in to transfer Creo assemblies to Ansys.

My purpose is to somehow understand the effect of individual part changes in Creo assemblies with the help of workbench. I do not want to create new assemblies with modified parts and then be importing to Workbench. I want to know if there are tricks in Creo to come up with multiple design iterations which can be analyzed in Workbench quickly. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

To generate variations of the same model in Creo (instead of having different model), there are a couple of means:

• Family Tables (allowing to specify different dimensions and/or features or components resumed/suppressed)
  • Pro/PROGRAM (allowing to drive dimensions by relations and/or resume/suppress features by relations that can be fed by file or user input
  • Creo Options Modeler (allowing to quickly define different assembly configurations by replacing models)

For Simulate analysis there is design study allowing to do analysis for model variations specified by different parameter settings, but I don't know, whether this functionality can be tapped from your plug-in interface to ANSYS.

Top Tags