cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Solve block error

pzimpelman
1-Newbie

Solve block error

Can anyone help me figure out why my mathcad sheet won't solve? I tried inputting a guess value and solving with the Find function to no avail.

Capture.JPG

9 REPLIES 9

Here is a solution obtained in Mathcad Prime:

Pic_1.png

Haven't quite converted to Mathcad prime. But thanks!

But you can use Mathcad Prime Express version to read ".mcdx" file format: Free Math Software Download | PTC

Try using root instead - see attached.

Alan

This doesn't explain why my solve block wouldn't work but the answer comes out. Thanks Alan.

I don't know why your solve block won't work, but for this problem anyway you don't need a solve block.

Thanks Fred for putting in effort.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pzimpelman)

Immediately after figure 3 and the text "Bolt group geometry" you have the keyword "given". Delete it. Mathcad does not like having two "given" keywords with nothing to close out the solve block for the first one. Once you have done that, right click in "Find" and force it to a non-linear method. It is trying to solve it as a linear equation (which in fact it is), but can't.

Good catch, Richard . By the way in Prime this error is not perceived, as in this case is used block of solution.

Top Tags