cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Cosmetic threads display in drawings

tleati
10-Marble

Cosmetic threads display in drawings

Hallo,

anyone could tell how can I have cosmetic threads in a drawing display with the 45° line at its end? just like indicated in the red circle in the screenshot below:

thread_ending.png

they display by default without that ending oblique line, and I tried to change the stardards in threads_standards but without success.

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tleati)

The only way I've ever seen this done is with surfacing - manually creating or modifying the cosmetic thread quilt.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it almost looks like the geometry itself is cut. Just out of curiosity, what happens what do you see when you hide the cosmetic?

tleati
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply. I really can't believe this software cannot display according to Norms ISO 6410, it would be really incredible!!

ISO6410.PNG

The oblique lines "tratto a filetto incompleto" is to indicate the length of the incomplete threads at the end of the thread.

As you ask, when I try to hide the cosmetic thread from the left model tree window, nothing happens, that is the thread does not disappear...it's really strange indeed...

Hi All,

Please set drawing option (.dtl file option) 'thread_standard' as 'std_jis'. this will allow the thread with 45 degree as highligeted in your sketch

Hallo

Top Tags