cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Set Creo 2.0 browser to Mozilla, but IE keeps loading

mganzer
1-Newbie

Set Creo 2.0 browser to Mozilla, but IE keeps loading

Hi Folks,

I set my option "windows_browser_type" to "mozilla_based_browser", but IE still loads. The option does not have the red circle slash in the config editor so it seems to have loaded. I do not see any other conflicting options. Firefox is installed, but I believe Creo uses its' own code anyway. Any ideas?

Creo 2.0 M100

Thanks,

Mark

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hey Mark, did you check to see if you have multiple config.pro files loading that would overwrite to one you are changing?

Hi Andy,

Yes. I checked the load-point config.pro & config.sup, as well as my own config.pro. I also checked the options tools in Creo and set it to show all options for the session. The only thing I can think of is I had set the option to limit IE to 9 functionality. That is no longer set, but I wonder if that set an internal flag someplace that is not letting go.

Hmm. The only other thing I can think of is to wipe the cache location.

C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\PTC

In here would be both your workspace cache as well as some other items. you can backup the PTC folder and then try deleting this and see if that helps.

Mark,

Creo does not use Firefox installed in Windows. It uses its own special version of Firefox located in MOZILLA directory.

Look into:

Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\i486_nt\obj\MOZILLA

-OR-

Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\x86e_win64\obj\MOZILLA

If I set "windows_browser_type" option to "mozilla_based_browser" and launch Creo, then I can see running process ptc_win_gecko_server.exe in Task Manager.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Near as I can figure it is invoking Mozilla (ptc_win_gecko_server.exe in process). The login to Windchill is of a Mozilla type as well. Seems Creo is not bothering to switch the browser icon from IE to a Mozilla icon. Long story short is that it appears that Mozilla is running but there's no way to be sure.

James62
10-Marble
(To:mganzer)

hi,

try putting this link into your Creo browser adress bar

http://whichbrowser.net/

Top Tags