cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Views of different instances into same drawing file

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Views of different instances into same drawing file

Hi,

Request you to share some tutorial which I can use for to understand how I am able to insert different view from different instances of family table into a single drawing file.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

You should be able to click on the model name at the bottom of the page and switch to a different model. After that, any new views created should be of that selected model.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Each instance is treated as a separate part. You have to go to the layout tab and add each instance just like you would add a model.

dm.PNGdm2.PNG

Whatever model is currently active in the drawing is the one drawing views can be created for.

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

Hi,

Thank you!

I am able to set different instance into second sheet but as soon as I try to add view into it, model is changed to main (first model instead of the instance) instance ..

Regards

Ketan

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You should be able to click on the model name at the bottom of the page and switch to a different model. After that, any new views created should be of that selected model.

Top Tags