cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Export BOM on a Remote client

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Export BOM on a Remote client

Several of our users are using thin clients connecting to a remote computer in the computer room. These are Wyse terminal server machines and the MS Office applications are loaded on what is essentially the E:\ drive.

When they try to load an assembly structure for export using the Reports menu, Multi-Level Bom, then actions for Export list to file and select Export to XLSX, they get a loading message, then it disappears. On my machine I get a dialog box for Open/Save/Cancel.

Is this because Windchill does not know that Excel is loaded on the E:\ drive instead of the 'standard' MS Office loaction on the C:\ drive?

Has anyone else run into this situation and found a work around? (Without pissing off their IT department!)

1 REPLY 1

That wouldn't be due to the Excel location. Even if Excel wasn't installed on the system, the users should still get the dialog box with the Open/Save/Cancel options. This could be an issue of browser settings. I assume these users are using IE. Would they be able to test a non-IE browser, just to see if they get the dialog box in a different browser? If the export does work in a different browser, then you could compare your IE settings to the IE settings on these clients and see what the difference is.

Top Tags