cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

sbanerjee
1-Newbie

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

Hi,

Getting an error showing "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid." (screenshot attached) while initializing installation just after running setup.exe from Arbortext Editor dump and can't proceed thereafter. How to resolve this issue?

Please help...

3 REPLIES 3
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:sbanerjee)

Hi Souvik,

This appears to be a Windows issue, where something in the registry is invalid. I googled the phrase, and found a few similar issues for other software, but they all followed the same general path to resolution:

try browsing the registry (Start > Run > regedit > OK) to the following value:

Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\<ProductSQUID>\

Where 'ProductSQUID' is the ID of the game (you'll have to go through the whole list of values, a daunting task) and check if there's a 'transform' entry on the registry key you believe to be created by the installer. Check if this entry is pointing to a valid Windows installation drive (where Windows is installed, most often the C: drive), and if not, change it.

As always, please be careful when making changes in the registry, make a backup, and contact your IT group if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for replying back. I have found no relevant <ProductSQUID> under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\ and 'transform' entry in any of the entries (gone through all values under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\). I have searched on Google too and tried most of the solutions suggested but no luck till now.

Please let me know if you find any effective solution.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:sbanerjee)

As this is a Windows problem, I'm not certain what other help you may find here.

One suggestion would be to uninstall the product using an app that removes Registry entries as well, such as Revo Uninstaller.

Once that's done, a new install may resolve the issue.

Also, possibly using the Windows Cleanup Utility will help

How to troubleshoot Windows Installer errors

Or installing a more recent version of the Windows installer

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8483

Top Tags