cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Regeneration problem in Creo Simulate 2.0

tleati
10-Marble

Regeneration problem in Creo Simulate 2.0

Hi,

I have a problem in regenearting a model in Simulate 2.0 (structural):

in the main window, when I regenerate, the led on the bottom right remains always yellow and if I try to save the model, the message of warning "model has to be regenerated" and "mass properties not calculated" (or something like that, my creo is not in english), which are typical of when the model has the yellow led when you try to save it.

(while, instead, in the parametric the led is green without any problem).

Anyone knows what is it due to?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Tommaso,

to set mass properties, you have to click

File > Prepare > Model Propeties > change in Mass Properties row > OK

-OR-

add the following option into config.pro file

MASS_PROPERTY_CALCULATE AUTOMATIC

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

the first way seems not to be working for this problem.

The second, if the Simulate config.pro is the same as the Parametric one, I already have that option inserted (so much so that in parametric I have no problem with the green led).

Thanks

Tommaso

I give up, I do not have any other idea .

Martin Hanák
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:tleati)

Tomasso

you are not going to believe this;

try deleting the cross-sections in Creo (Xsec001 in the picture shown).

I've had it as a problem in numerous models.

It can help when you leave simulate, then regenerate and go back in to simulate. The yelllow light should be gone. If so, delete the Xsec's and the problem will not return

Capture.PNG.

Erik

tleati
10-Marble
(To:ehaenen)

Hallo Erik,

thanks for your reply. However, I tried it and it does not work, the same problem still appears.

Anyway, you mean definitely erase all the sections of the part? for me this would be un-actionable since sections are needed to plot the drawing and once they are not present anymore, the drawing will mess up...

bye bye

Tommaso

ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:tleati)

Hallo Tomasso

I understand, but you have to see that for analysis you often need to change entities of your model in such a way that your drawing will be incorrect anyway.

it is best to check out your part or assembly and save a bckup copy on your local hardtrive (C:\FEM). That way you can make simplifications and design improvements without damaging wat you already have,.

In doing that it is also not a big problem to delete all your sections........

It's not correct (by PTC) but rest assured, I believe the problem to be solved in Creo 3.0.(In Creo 2.0, Simulate did not recognize sections, in Creo 3.0 it does.)

Good luck

Erik

tleati
10-Marble
(To:ehaenen)

Hallo Erik,

I do not know what are you referring to when you wrote of need to change entities of the model, since it never happened to me to alter the model tree in order to perform calculations...but for sure deleting sections would be quite an invasive intervention, because I have to re-set the section, exculde/include parts, redraw all the custom dimensions...and doing the back up is really time consuming, as we are using Windchill too. (and we are talking about a software whose maintenance is already exageratedly time (and money) consuming...).

Anyway it's not the case since it's not the sections the problem in my case...I hope in 3.0 as you said it will be fixed...

thanks

bye bye

Tommaso

Top Tags