cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Prime can't solve tan(angle)=0.7?

mjenner
1-Newbie

Prime can't solve tan(angle)=0.7?

Is below too simple for Mathcad?

Screen Shot 03-31-15 at 12.46 PM.PNG

I'm using Prime 2.0.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mjenner)

It should work fine. Please post the worksheet (click on "use advanced editor" at the top right of the edit dialog).

Here is a .mcdx file as requested.

Kind regards,

Michael

Interesting!

I opened the sheet (Prime 3.0) and saw the same thing. retyped the expression and it solved. Changed the x to another letter, and the original expression solved.

When you first open a Prime sheet, you see the results of the previous calculation that were saved with the file. The sheet does not recalculate when you first open it. So I also see the error when I open it, but if I hit F9, it recalculates fine, and the error goes away (also Prime 3.0).

I just checked. My instance of Mathcad is set to auto calculate. Mathcad solved other problems without issues, hence I didn't think F9 was required. However hitting F9 solved the issue for me as well.

Is there a difference between autocalculate and F9? Maybe F9 tries "harder"?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mjenner)

Is there a difference between autocalculate and F9? Maybe F9 tries "harder"?

There is no difference. Since it works for you now, it will just have to remain a mystery as to why it didn't work earlier.

athurin
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

it happened to me several time : regularly, when I open a file and modify it, it doesn't automatically recalculate. If I force recalculate juste once, every subsequent modification causes auto-recalculation.

Not a big deal to me, but definitely something to know ...

Top Tags