cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How do you translate the divider letters in the Index

bfriesen
16-Pearl

How do you translate the divider letters in the Index

We have translated a manual to Russian. Everything seems to be good, except the index still has A, B, C showing up. When I created the xliff file I did not see the option in there to change the letters? Am I missing something?

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok so what I found out is that you need to modify the style sheet to use the correct alphabet for the index. You find the index element that is being used to generate the index. You then copy the condition beneath it. and paste it add an attribute test to it to look at the location where you are setting your xml:lang attribute. From there on the generated text page (in my stylesheet) chose after and edit, then click into the index tag and change the language to the version you want to output. this needs to be done for each language. Case 12469451

Bryon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bryon,

Have you looked at the Arbortext Editor Help Center topic "Default indexing configuration files"?

That is the information I was thinking about. So with that being said, when I publish my document with a specfic language set in the ditamap, does it automatically look in the ixlang folder saved locally and use the corresponding language. Or do I need to add something to my com.arbortext zipfile?

Bryon

Ok so what I found out is that you need to modify the style sheet to use the correct alphabet for the index. You find the index element that is being used to generate the index. You then copy the condition beneath it. and paste it add an attribute test to it to look at the location where you are setting your xml:lang attribute. From there on the generated text page (in my stylesheet) chose after and edit, then click into the index tag and change the language to the version you want to output. this needs to be done for each language. Case 12469451

Bryon

Top Tags