cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Temperature Dependant Material Properties

BenCohen
1-Newbie

Temperature Dependant Material Properties

Does CREO Simulate have the ability to assign temperature dependent thermal properties? I'm simulating a flat plastic sheet in an industrial oven, I have a gravity load to represent the weight. I'd like to assign a temperature dependent material property and then use surface regions to define the temperature across the sheet to determine how much it will droop in the oven. If not I'd like to manually assign material properties to each surface region, is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

-Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:BenCohen)

Yes you can assign temperature dependent properties. Right click in the place you would normally type in the property value and choose "function".

Capture.PNG

From there you can create a new function and define values using either a table or an expression with temperature as a variable.

dilgert
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Unfortunately, one can only assign temperature dependent properties for steady state analysis not transient analysis,

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:BenCohen)

Hello Ben,

has Christopher's answer solved your question?

If yes, please mark his answer as Correct Answer. This will mark the thread as answered and helps the community identify whether help is still needed or whether the thread provides an answer.

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags