cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do you handle Backshell Ports on Connectors in Creo Schematics?

aoler
9-Granite

How do you handle Backshell Ports on Connectors in Creo Schematics?

I am attempting to build up a new Connector Shape in Creo Schematics that will support adding Backshell Ports to the Connector when needed. I am also attempting to use the Pin Parameter functionality to populate my Connector Contacts with contact specific information.

I am interested if anybody is doing this, I have hit a few bumps along the way, stuck on one now, so I thought I would reach out to see how everybody else is handling this?

2 REPLIES 2
kel
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:aoler)

Aoler,

A couple of years down the track, did you end up fixing your issue? I'm running into similar problems.

aoler
9-Granite
(To:kel)

My variable connector has 2 ports. My backshell ports have a logical name that begin with [1,1]. My contact ports have a logical name that begin with [2,1].

When my connector comes in using BID-WID the contact ports populate based on num_of_pins. I then re-order the connector to manually add the backshell ports where needed.

This works very well as my pin parameter file is based on logical name, the backshell ports are ignored.

Top Tags