cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Installing Creo 2 license server on a virtual server

gchadwick
4-Participant

Installing Creo 2 license server on a virtual server

Our school has got Microsoft 2012 virtual server standard R2, and am trying to install the floating license server.

Tried to install using the instructions provided:

Download media

1. 2. Start setup.exe on the server machine
  2. 3. Select Setup License
  3. 4. Accept License agreement
  4. 5. Type the product code in the field
  5. 6. Click Install Licensing - at this point I get - error
  6. 7. Click Finish

then read the pdf about flexinet license

In general, the process of using the HPV_UUID would follow this outline:

1. Identify the virtual machine on which the license server will be run, and download the platform-specific

lmhostid utility from the Flexera Software website.

2. Run the command lmhostid -ptype HPV -uuid at the command line of the virtual machine where the license

3. Modify the license certificate to configure server parameters (like TCP port number, options file, or other

4. Launch the license server on the virtual machine by pointing to the license certificate.

5. If the license server has to be moved to another physical machine, simply copy the virtual machine image

Problem is I can't find the lmhostid utility on the flexera website can anyone point me to where I can get it, or let me know any other method

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gchadwick
4-Participant
(To:gchadwick)

Sorted thanks to academic support, upgraded us from creo 2 to creo 3 and it installed no problem, just contact them on Academic Case Logger

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gchadwick
4-Participant
(To:gchadwick)

Sorted thanks to academic support, upgraded us from creo 2 to creo 3 and it installed no problem, just contact them on Academic Case Logger

Top Tags