cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to identify 2d views in a drawing ?

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

How to identify 2d views in a drawing ?

Hi,

We have an automatic publishing to dxf for all drawings when being checked in. For assemblies this results in huge dxf files being stored in the database. That is why we only like to publish a dxf file when an assembly does only contain 2D views as this only makes sence to measure on using an 3th party program. Is there a way to set a parameter in Creo when a drawing does only contain 2D views (non 3D views) ?

Regards,

Bernard

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Bernard,

does this mean that you want to remove the crossed out view (in my picture) ?

Martin Hanak

drawing.png

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

In this case there is a 3D view (crossed) and so the complete drawing is not to be intended to be exported to dxf.

Regards,

Bernard

Bernard,

in Creo Drawing mode you can define Drawing program, which erases specific views in current drawing, when some drawing parameter is set to some value.

Maybe inside your PDM system it is possible to set this drawing parameter properly before DXF export is executed.

This is an idea, only. I am not sure if it is workable.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BernardWielfaer)

Couple things. First, it is entirely possible to control publishing based on parameter values in the model and/or drawing. (See publish rules and publish helper.) Second, for this to work like you envision you would need a way to have this parameter set prior to check-in. I'm wondering if Model Check might be able to do this. Maybe those who know and use Model Check can chime in on whether or not it's capable of checking for views based on name or orientation.

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

I contacted PTC and they tell me there is no function in ModelCheck that can tell you it is a 2D or 3D view, this is a dead end...

All views are 3D views. The only thing you might look for is view names, but that's pretty tedious. If one had the tools one could look to see the transformation matrix to see whether the rotations in it matched orthographic views or not.

You mean looking to the drawing file knowing the format. Does PTC publish this ?

Top Tags