cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Process_manager_problem

RussellMcMahon
2-Guest

Process_manager_problem

I have double checked all my Operations, sequences, and I'm not using material removal and I can't open process manager. How can I fix this?

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, this already happened to me. This usually occurs when you reorder the sequences without the process manager. If this is the case, you should put the sequences in the original order, then open the process manager. Hope you remind it !

Thanks. I'm too far along now to remember the original order. I did go through each sequence and edit step references and set the sequence to the correct operation, this didn't help.

You could probably find the problematic sequence by inhibiting all sequences then reactivating them one by one. Then You launch the process manager between each reactivation and you'll find it. If you have many sequences, this can be heavy job !

yep, tried that.

You need to move your tree around so that everything is in an operation/seq/seq - operation seq/seq format. I deal with this all the time because previous users set up the files to have all the operations at the top of the tree, and all the sequences after it. I usually go through the tree, select delete on the operation and view all the highlighted sequences to verify what has to move. Then I move them without deleting the operation of course. If anything is out of order, the message is going to come up again. It's usually worth the effort to rearrange.

All my operations and sequences are in proper order. I did as you suggested and went to delete the operation then viewed all that was highlighted. Everything that was highlighted was correct, not one sequence out of order. I think the model tree is corrupt or something.

My next step would be to delete any FSETP features you might have in the tree. I don't know what they are for, but I have found that they don't affect my programs and usually the PM doesn't want to work with them. Sometimes there are a lot of sequences that highlight as if they would be deleted in deleting the FSETPs, but they never go away and work without them just fine. The FSETPs may have a use for you, but that is what I would look at next. If you do have a use for them, I guess you better keep them.

I have never had PM fail me as long as 1) The file is new enough to open without the "classic menu manager" being launched, 2) the tree was in order and 3) there were no FSETPs. You should be able to start near the top of the tree in insert mode after the workpiece and select PM (it should open with nothing in it at that point), then move the insert down one, reselect PM and so on/so forth until you find the issue.

Matt

Russell,

There is a document on PTC web https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=126197

I hope this will give you some information.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags