cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Deleting and recreating analysis with same name

tleati
10-Marble

Deleting and recreating analysis with same name

Hallo,

I have a problem when I delete an analysis from "Analyses and Design Studies" dialog box, and then try to create another one with the same name: an error message appers warning me that name is already in use, even if I deleted the previous with the red cross (nor I had run that previous analysis).

Here are two screenshots:

2.png

1.png

what's the problem and ho can I fix it?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
rcook
6-Contributor
(To:tleati)

This can happen when you store your results in a workspace. One of the reasons that I always store my results in a local folder instead...

You can clear the name while within Simulate by going to Home tab, Set Up, New Simulation Model, but this will erase all of the defined simulation features.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS162471&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=analysis%20has%20already%20been%…

tleati
10-Marble
(To:rcook)

Hi Roger,

thanks for the solution, it works. I am not storing results in workspace but like you, in a local folder.

PTC Technical support just confirmed to me that the problem it's not related to the workspace but to Simulate itself

(and at this point they should correct the case support you linked me).

bye

Top Tags