cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Changing installation directory

cbrans
1-Newbie

Changing installation directory

I just downloaded Creo 3.0 and set up the license I got. It worked all fine until the point where I had to install the Creo parts.

I am using a two hard-drive setup on my PC. I have a fast SSD for Windows and a normal HDD for everything else. The SSD is almost full.

The problem is that Creo wants to install itself to the SSD (path is C:\) but, as I said, it's full. The Installation manager won't let me switch the directory where Creo has to be installed at (I want it to be in D:\....).

Is there a way to change the installation directory?

I already tried typing in the path manually, but it didn't help. I also tried running the installation as admin, but also no success.

I hope someone can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

In the window named Application Selection, you have a field named Installation path for all applications:

Create a PTC folder elsewhere and copy the path of it from windows explorer to this field.

Path.jpg

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

In the window named Application Selection, you have a field named Installation path for all applications:

Create a PTC folder elsewhere and copy the path of it from windows explorer to this field.

Path.jpg

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags