cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Accentuate single contour line on contour plot

mfrink
1-Newbie

Accentuate single contour line on contour plot

Hi all,

I have plotted a angle of the function Omega(x,q). I want to be able to create highlighted contour lines at any given value. For example, the contour plot typically displays angle values from ~60 to 0 degrees and I want to clearly show the 30 degree line. I may want to show the 32.5 or 4.2 degree or whatever I choose. Is it possible in MathCAD 14? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AlanStevens)

I think it's better to find the contour as a function of distance and angle from the highest point. It's faster, the points are more equally spaced around the contour, and you can draw the contour using a line. I just plotted the 30 contour.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mfrink)

You would have to calculate the contour and add it to the plot as another graph.

How would I go about calculating the contour, since it is a complex curve and undefined at various x and y coordinates?

You could try something like the attached (far from perfect, but its suitability depends on your precise needs).

Alan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AlanStevens)

I think it's better to find the contour as a function of distance and angle from the highest point. It's faster, the points are more equally spaced around the contour, and you can draw the contour using a line. I just plotted the 30 contour.

Thanks Alan and Richard for your input! Richard, that's a very clever approach that makes perfect sense. I wish I would have thought of that.

Yes, much better Richard.

Alan

Top Tags