cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

I need some kind of "select menu"

jsmith-3
1-Newbie

I need some kind of "select menu"

I need some kind of menu a user can select page formats. We have a lot of different formats and I do not want the users to have to keep typing in the ones they want to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to add a little more info...I am new to ISM. I am looking for a selection type GUI. Other graphic editing tools I have used allow me to use HTML with radios, combo/list boxes, ... to query the user for a selection. I am guessing this is not possible for IsoDraw Macros. So far the only thing I see to query the user is a Get box.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim

1 REPLY 1
TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:jsmith-3)

I totally agree about the lack of menus for use by macros.

You can use a series of Get boxes to ask the user for input, but it gets tedious after a while having to enter information again and again.

We have a series of macros to automatically draw groups of fixings - bolt/spring washer/washer etc and I have used a toolbar with icons to set the options before the macro is run (e.g. 5 icons to choose head type, 2 for lock/plain nut and so on). It makes the macro quick to run, but I have had to use 20 icons for all the options, where a menu would only need 5 slots.

I find it really frustrating that there is not even a swap function in the toolbars (like in an html menu where you click a button and it swaps the icon to one that looks different), so you have to remember which are the current options, it can't show you.

I don't know if they are still developing Isodraw, but many illustrators do still use it for the vast majority of work and macros are a way of extending its capabilities - if only they would add a few extra features.

Top Tags