cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to Fix the Guess Value

rjaison
1-Newbie

How to Fix the Guess Value

Hello,

I am using the solve block Find function to find the two unknown from two given equation

If my guess value is not close enough to the correct value it give a error message "The variable is undefined"

Please refer the PDF attached.

I have a curious question why to define the range of the unknown just above the Find function if function can not use them to find the correct values.

May be I am thinking wrong !

I have attached the Math CAD file when opened please input the same as referred to the attached "INPUT DATA" so to have the similar results.

Is there a way to instruct the Math CAD Find function to do the increment between the given range instead of guess value as I am finding it difficult

Because for every problem I have to enter the close enough guess value to get the right results.

BR,

J.Randeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rjaison)

Right click on "find", and check "AutoSelect" (which is the default, so at some point you disabled this).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I don't get the error message! It works (don't know if it gets the correct result - but I get no error message).

Alan

Hi

That is strange I tried for example input one of the guess value as 0.001

please see the attached Math CAD file.

The correct results as attached "Correct Results" which is at the bottom of the program

P:S please remember to input the data as the attached "INPUT DATA"

J.Randeep

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Right click on "find", and check "AutoSelect" (which is the default, so at some point you disabled this).

Hi

Thanks it did solve the issue to Find

you where instructing that I should disable the Auto Select at some point.

Will it have any effect if I keep them selected all the time.

Now I have the issue with Maximize & Function I don't know why, May be I have syntax wrong

Please see the attached

J.Randeep

Hi Again

I just Modified the Guess Value Range for Maximum and minimum function (for the "4_EN 1992_Stress Vs Strain Rec Parabolic_Max Min.xmcd")

See the attached

Thanks

Hi Richard Jackson and Every one

I have opened a new thread for my second question about Maximum and Minimum Function

"Maximum & Minimum Function of Two Equation"

Thanks,

J.Randeep

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

you where instructing that I should disable the Auto Select at some point.

Will it have any effect if I keep them selected all the time.

Possibly, but I would only recommend that in special cases. Leaving it on autoselect is the best option most of the time. Only force it to a specific algorithm if there's a reason to do so.

Top Tags