cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Maximum Function Constrain with Range Variable

rjaison
1-Newbie

Maximum Function Constrain with Range Variable

Hi,

This Maximum function has one of the constrain Axial=20021.kN and it works fine

Now I am trying to achieve if the Axial is a range variable Let say -20021.kN, 20000.kN...0.KN and other constrains remains the same and to find the respective Maximum values

I am wondering is it possible at all in MathCAD

Maximun.JPG

J.Randeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:rjaison)

This actually does require a little trickery to make it work. There's no way you will be able to calculate so many values though. At least, not unless you are willing to wait a month for the calculations to finish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Yes, this should be possible. The solve block needs to be turned into a function of "Axial". It may also need to be a function of the other variables, so that you can pass it different guesses that depend on the value of "Axial".

Hi,

I am afraid I would need your help.

I am not that wise enough to get that working

Please find the attached.

J.Randeep

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This actually does require a little trickery to make it work. There's no way you will be able to calculate so many values though. At least, not unless you are willing to wait a month for the calculations to finish

Hi Richard,

It is quite a complex system, but it works perfect.

If I change the Constrain Tolerance (CTOL:=1)

It works for bigger steps as well (More than 20 kN), Now I am able to take the Axial Variable to Zero.

But it take less than 1 minute to do the calculation, I suppose that is quite reasonable!

Thanks for the support.

BR,

J.Randeep

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Good call on CTOL. I should have thought of that

Top Tags