cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Highlight distance

andy2
1-Newbie

Highlight distance

I'm having trouble with what Creo decides to highlight whenever I select something in the model tree.

If, for instance, I made an extrude in which I have a couple of 13 diameter holes, and then some 3.2 ones, if I'm zoomed out too much, the only thing highlighted would be the 13 diam. holes; the smaller ones being highlighted only when I'm zoomed in so much, I can't see all of them on the same screen.

I find this rather annoying, and would like to change the distance at which all features are highlighted. Is such a thing possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:andy2)

Andy,

Not sure this is what you are after, but look at these two options for your config file.

lods_enabled

lods_value

Dean

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DeanLong
10-Marble

Andy,

Not sure this is what you are after, but look at these two options for your config file.

lods_enabled

lods_value

Dean

andy2
1-Newbie
(To:DeanLong)

It probably is. From the description of those options, it definitely should be the answer I'm looking for. Except the fact that they don't seem to work for me.

I've changed both options from their default("no" and "blank") yet I see no difference(I've used 80,100,1000 and 100000 as values). If I go back in the config file and scroll all the way down I can see that the 2 options are indeed changed, however if I use the *find* button, they still show their default state.

I'm guessing this is bugged. If it matters, I'm using Creo 3 M010.

Thanks for the answer, Dean.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Andrei.

I apologize for not spelling your name correctly. Did you also try selecting the box for LOD in the Model Display Options? This may help.

lod.jpg

andy2
1-Newbie
(To:DeanLong)

I've checked that, and it was ticked, "100" being the percentage value. I have seen some changes(albeit minor ones), however I'd like to point out something I find inconsistent.

section selection.pngIf I select the sketch, everything is shown, all fine and dandy. If I select the extrude of that sketch, less is highlighted:

extrude selection.png

Now, if I select the group, I'd expect it to show me little bits of each and every extrude in it(because all extrudes have the same problem as the one above).

However, surprise surprise, I get everything.

group selection.png

Thank you for the support Dean, but I've just about given up and admitted defeat. Quality of life denied.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Andrei,

If I understand the issue, I get the same result as you. Selecting individual features of the group highlight individually and the selecting the group shows all.

However, I think what is happening is the system simply disregards the features that are very small relative to the current view. In this case, when you zoom out far enough the small radii become visually irrelevant then the "Selection" color is disregarded. If you select the feature or group in the model tree and click "edit" you will see the dimensions displayed. Levels of Detail helps but only to a certain degree.

All the best

Top Tags