cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Small corner moves on custom trajectory profile pass.

cvansickle
2-Guest

Small corner moves on custom trajectory profile pass.

I have a custom trajectory in a UDMF with 3 profile passes that need to be incremented at 0.0002". In the attached screenshot, the profile pass is on the left. Notice the small chamfer on the corner of the middle pass, 0.0002 away from the profile pass. This small chamfer is about a .0001 move, which causes a CRC alarm on the machine when the endmill has radius compensation applied.

When I change the profile increment to .00019 or .00023, this small chamfer goes away, but that may not be the case for all configurations that this UDMF will be applied to. When I change the tolerance on the cut from .0001 to .001, the small chamfer goes away, but this will mess up other parts of the cut.

Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Corey

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Several of you tried to help, and I thank you for your contributions, but I've found a work around that I can share. PTC support let us know it's a problem with wildfire 4, and the problem will go away with a newer version of Pro. I have verified that this is accurate, but switching versions of Pro is not something that happens often around here.

I found that by using a separate cut for each pass and setting the profile stock allowance for each cut, prevented the small chamfers from occuring in the corners. This is a bit of a headache, but at least it will work for our current version of Pro.

Thanks!

Top Tags