cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Help the Handicapped....

PeterBrown
1-Newbie

Help the Handicapped....

Hola -

I'm looking for some direction regarding Harness. We've been using Pro/E for about a dozen years and all the equipment we manufacture is in Pro/E (we're an OEM). One aspect that we have not integrated is the wiring/harness/wiring diagrams. Traditionally, that has been done in 2D format in Autocad. As our products have become more complex, this is no longer tenable - we need accurate BOMs. I'm interested in doing harnesses and control panels currently, no printed circuit boards or things of that nature.

So basically, I'm starting with a clean sheet of paper. I've heard mention of Mentor Graphics (VeSys), CADENCE, etc.

Whatapproach would you recommend?

TIA

Peter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Peter.

We are running Creo 2.0/Windchill 10.1. We use Creo Schematics 2 (was RSD) to develop the schematic and logical references then output the xml file for importing into Creo Parametric. The Cable/Harness is developed in the 3D model then a drawing that includes tables for the wires/connectors/etc is created for the Flat Harness. This 2D drawing from Creo Parametric of the Flat Harness is what goes out to the Harness manufacturer.

KR, Jim

Top Tags