cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo elements pro 5.0 cabling

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Creo elements pro 5.0 cabling

Cable Meisters,

I just want to do some simple cable routing in Creo elements pro 5.0
cabling.

What happened to create wire or cable, etc.

Does everything have to be designated now?

I used to create harness>create spool>create wire. Then I would route
using features. Not entry ports and such since I had no matrix to
follow.

Thanks,

Wayne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mkemp
1-Newbie
(To:wfalco)

Hi Wayne,

The interface should be much easier and flexible to use now but it is a shift from how it was done in WF4.

The new routing method primarily aims for you to do point-to-point routing between entry points. You can then insert intermediate locations on the wire/cable to define the path, unless a network is present in which case it will auto-route for you.

You need to do Insert>Route Cables (or just choose Route Cables in the toolbar on the right) and in the 'Route Cables' dialog you can then create new wires or cables. Once the wire is created the From and To collectors will become available for you to connect the ends of the wire between connectors.

Once the end points are defined it will just create a simple route between them or if a network is present it will automatically route via the network (switchable using Route Type drop-down). You can also follow other cables by choosing 'Follow cable' in the Route Type drop-down.

However, you can click RMB on the From or To collector and choose Add Location to define an endpoint that is not on an entry port. The Route Cables tool will pause (become grayed out) while the Insert Locations tool is active. You can easily create a free location and click MMB to accept. The same can be done for the To end as well.

Once you click OK on the Route Cables dialog you can then select on the routed cable and RMB>Insert Locations to define the intermediate locations. With the cable selected you can also RMB>Edit Segment to move those locations - just mouse over a location and a drag handle appears allow you to easily modify the route.

There's lots more to it but they're the fundamentals!

Regards,

Martin Kemp
Product Manager, Field Service
PTC (-)

Top Tags