cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Schematics Setup Help

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Schematics Setup Help

Okay, so the Help for setting up CREO Schematics 2 is very hard to try and find some good stuff in the help pages. What I am looking for is how to do some setup stuff in Schematics and push it as a standard for the company. I am looking for things like UI, paths, etc. Also I need to know how to setup a custom catalog formy company to use for allthe designs it will do. I need to setup the permissions and point to the catalog for all designs.

Thank you,

Brian Toussaint

Hoshizaki America

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
jstone
4-Participant
(To:BrianToussaint)

Brian,

There used to be a user guide in CreoScematics 1 in the Get Started tab but I don't see it in 2; try PTC support page. Before setting up the cenrtral catalog the global parameters, datasets, grids, & formats should be set up.

There is also a "Read Me" that explains how to create a password protected design. This is a design with only symbol fomats and maybe a design format. This is needed to update the central catalog.

I have the central catalog set up on a network drive. All designs point to this location as their catalog. The administrator loads symbol files to this location. There are various files for the symbol's artwork and supporting datatable/membermap files that are organized in a folder structure here that shows up as the symbol structure when creating a design.

You will also need an area for your master .CSV files. All the symbol datables and supporting membermap structures that specify component parameters will be updated from these.

Depending upon how the "library" responsibilities are in your company, permissions for who does what is up to you.

I understand the pain and I did not describe a step by step as it would be a small chapter. Some helpful tips:

Do not mess around with ports in symbols once created. This can cause failures that will lock a user out of the catalog.

If you have to get rid of a symbol, rename it and move it to a dedicatedarchive folder instead of deleting it. Also when you do a rename the original files might stil be there and have to be deleted.

Back up everything. You can always change the catalog the schematic is pointed to and point it back to a previous version if needed.

Depending upon your budget you may want to have a mentor come in and help you get started

Good luck,

jef

Okay, so the Help for setting up CREO Schematics 2 is very hard to try and find some good stuff in the help pages. What I am looking for is how to do some setup stuff in Schematics and push it as a standard for the company. I am looking for things like UI, paths, etc. Also I need to know how to setup a custom catalog formy company to use for allthe designs it will do. I need to setup the permissions and point to the catalog for all designs.

Thank you,

Brian Toussaint

Hoshizaki America

Top Tags