cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Adding Tags

ScottInTexas
4-Participant

Adding Tags

I have added a number of tags to the device. But when I open the quick client, I get an Unknown value and Bad quality. This is for an Omron PLC and the addresses are like GSR_NXTC.S_READ.AS_TC[0].S_CH[0].N_PV.

Also, when I click on "Launch Quick Client Here" I get 5 times as many tags as I want. I have to delete unwanted tags. But if I make a change they all come back. There are 53277 items. I only need about 30 of them. All the other stuff is un-needed. Is there another way to handle editing? It doesn't appear to be able to be done from the Quick Client.

KepserverEx 6.14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply, Chris. The 'Bad' entries were because the Data Type was wrong. That was listed in the messages as you pointed out, As for entering the tags, I was using the option described in that article at one point. But I abandoned that method of populating the tag list in the quick client because I could not assign meaningful names to the tags. Since I was not the creator of the tags in the PLC, I cannot make the connection between what the tags are named and what they really represent. I have to bother the vendor for that information.  I am up to 61 tags now. I think I'll end up with a little over 100. So I am going to try to import a CSV I am building as I get the information. I will see how that goes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ScottInTexas 

There are quite a few reasons why you would be receiving "bad" quality on the tags. The first place to look is in the Event Log at the bottom of the KEPServerEX Configuration.  Any errors found should have a refence in the following Manual link:

Omron FINS Ethernet Driver (ptc.com)

If the issue is unresolved after matching any errors received to the solution given in the manual, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team for more advance trouble shooting. The Kepware team will be able to analyze built in diagnostics and Wireshark captures. 

The Quick Client can be populated with only the 30 tags you want by following the instructions in the following link:

Article - CS322932 - How to Build Project in OPC Quick Client in PTC Kepware Products

Thanks,

*Chris

Thank you for your reply, Chris. The 'Bad' entries were because the Data Type was wrong. That was listed in the messages as you pointed out, As for entering the tags, I was using the option described in that article at one point. But I abandoned that method of populating the tag list in the quick client because I could not assign meaningful names to the tags. Since I was not the creator of the tags in the PLC, I cannot make the connection between what the tags are named and what they really represent. I have to bother the vendor for that information.  I am up to 61 tags now. I think I'll end up with a little over 100. So I am going to try to import a CSV I am building as I get the information. I will see how that goes.

Top Tags