cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

CAD/Worker PDF Representation - some parameters remains and dont change with their correct value

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite

CAD/Worker PDF Representation - some parameters remains and dont change with their correct value

Hello all,

Im having a hard time figuring out why pdfs generated by the CAD worker on Windchill Server has a different behaviour from the drawings manually printed to pdf from Creo Parametric. 

From Windchill server, new representation PDF the ptc system parameters doesn't changed with their value, the parameter name remains

- &PTC_WM_MODIFIED:BY 

- &PTC_WM_MODIFIED:ON

-&PTC_WM_VERSION:D

See the example:

MarianaSousa_1-1713285895437.png

But if i do it manually in Creo Parametric, thoses parameters are filled with theirs correct values.

Anyone has this issue? How to fix it?

Thanks in advanced

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all again,

After some hours testing everything, The main route was the Templates Drawings. My customer had his templates with "Switch Dimensions" activated. So of course thoses paramaters didnt update with the value. 

Solution: update the templates drawing and click "Switch Dimension" untill the parameters update values. Check-in files.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello ,

Please try these basic checks first.

1. In Creo workspace save every thing. Make sure regenerate drawing at last and check-in

2. Clear your cache. Create a brand new workspace 

3. Add the drawing as stored to new workspace.

4. Open the drawing. Make sure the all the required parameters are there

5. Publish the drawing on the worker

6. Check for the difference

Regards

Ajit 

I am on Windchill 12.0.2 with Creo 9 publishing with CreoView 9.1 Adapters. We do the publishing on the Windchill server and I have never seen that behavior. Is this a new issue or has it been there for a while on your publishing? While I don't use those parameters on our formats, I do use PTC_WM_REVISION:D and a lot of company parameters. Are your other parameters used in your formats coming through correctly? Since you are doing a New Representation of the drawing the files have to be checked into Windchill. Is your server set to retrieve the files As Saved or Load Latest. Not sure this could be the issue but something to check.

MarianaSousa
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Well its the first time my customer is reporting me this, so I guess its a new issue. They already used Worker for publishing files.

One thing i know that all thoses parameters are in the template drawing and this one is based on the format drawing. Yeah this drawing is in Production state already, that's why i could make a new representation, because its there workflow. I need to double check about "As saved" or "Load Latest". 

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa

Hi Mariana,

Strange issue indeed. 

Is this happening with 3D also? Check the Viz files in Creo View and check if attributes are correctly reflected.

Please check the worker log. You can turn on Verbose mode on Worker to get a hook of any anomaly.

Never seen this type of issue.

Rgds

Hari

Hi all again,

After some hours testing everything, The main route was the Templates Drawings. My customer had his templates with "Switch Dimensions" activated. So of course thoses paramaters didnt update with the value. 

Solution: update the templates drawing and click "Switch Dimension" untill the parameters update values. Check-in files.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
Top Tags